I have just started to think about updating my current curriculum. There are a few changes and additions I want to make, hopefully my new curriculum document will be available sometime in August.
In the meantime, here is what I plan to deliver next year.
Mr Britland’s KS3 Computing Curriculum: September 2013 – July 2014
Year 7 (approx 12 lessons a term):
- Introduction to the school network
- Learning Blog
- Effective web searching
- Stay Safe Online
- Kodu – Visual Programming
- Computer Hardware/Computing History
- AppShed – App Creation
Year 8 (approx 6 lessons a term) :
- Computer Networks
- Graphic Design Using Fireworks – Magazine Covers
- HTML5 and CSS3
Year 9 (approx 6 lessons a term):
- Advanced E-Safety – Privacy, Social Networks, Security, Sexting, Data Protection
- Advanced Graphic Design with Adobe Photoshop – Album Covers
- Python – Programming
Any questions give me a shout.
I must say that I am exceedingly lucky with the time I get with my students Years 7 – 8 – 9 all get 24 hours of ICT in a term.